There are tons of astrology books out there - a few are excellent, most are
good, and then there are some that are just plain awful. The books listed
below range from good to excellent. We've also tried to include a variety
of astrological subjects, and books from different time periods.
- Arabic Parts in Astrology: A Lost Key to Prediction, The, by
Robert Zoller. Zoller is probably the world's premier medieval
astrologer, and is well worth studying, especially for those with an
interest in prediction.
- The Art and Practice of Ancient Hindu Astrology: Nine Intimate Sessions Between Teacher and Student, by James Braha.
- Art of Predictive Astrology, by Carol Rushman.
- Astrological Neptune and the Quest for Redemption,
by Liz Greene. Advanced.
- Astrology for Beginners: A Simple Way to Read Your Chart. This is an excellent introduction to astrology for
those just getting involved in the subject.
- Astrology for Lovers, by Liz Greene.
for the Soul, by Jan Spiller.
Karma and Transformation, by Stephen Arroyo.
- Astrology: Transformation and Empowerment, by Adrian Ross Duncan. About
counseling astrology - good book.
- Astrology: Understanding the Birth Chart. Kevin Burk. Takes you
step-by-step from the core basics to the finer complexities of chart
- Astrology: Your Place in the Sun, by Evangeline Adams. This book came out in 1927, but Evangeline Adams was truly a great astrologer, so you might very well benefit from reading her book.
- Brady's Book of Fixed Stars. Fixed stars played an important role in ancient
Interpretation Handbook, by Stephen Arroyo.
- Heaven Knows What, by Grant Lewi. This is an old book,written in the 1940's, but it provides an excellent means of understanding the importance of the Saturn cycle, and Grant Lewi was a brilliant astrologer.
- How to Read Your Astrological Chart, by Donna Cunningham.
- Identifying Planetary Triggers: Astrological Techniques for Prediction, by Celeste Teal.
- Origin of the Zodiac. Rupert Gleadow.
Not strictly an astrology book, this work examines the nature,
philosophy, and mythology of the zodiac in ancient Mexico, Tibet,
China, India, Greece, Rome, Babylon, and Egypt. Interesting
from a historical perspective.
- Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark,
by Bernadette Brady.
- Retrograde Planets: Traversing the Inner Landscape. By Erin
Sullivan. A sometimes confusing astrological subject made clear.
- Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil. A classic book, by Liz Greene.
- Saturn in Transit: Boundaries of Mind, Body and Soul. By Erin
- Science of the Soul and Stars: Private Studies in Occultism, by
Thomas H Burgoyne. First published in 1903, this book can now
be read for free as an online text at worldspirituality.org.
of Your Rising Sign, by William Lamb.
- Solar Arcs: Astrology's Most Successful Predictive System Including Midpoints, Tertiary Progressions, Rectification,
etc. Noel Tyl.