Saratoga County, New York
Welcome! Whether you're a resident of Saratoga County, planning to move
here or just planning a visit, this page is designed to help.
Saratoga County is rich in both history and natural beauty, famous for
revolutionary war sites, horse racing, natural springs and Victorian
architecture. It's also convenient to Albany, the state capital, and in
fact many of the county's residents commute to jobs in Albany, Schenectady and
Troy. In short, it's the perfect place to visit, and the perfect place to
(Note: I must have been in an extremely enthusiastic mood when I wrote
those words at the end of the last century - but I do still like Saratoga
County, and enjoyed living there. I've actually had three different homes
in Saratoga County - one in Saratoga Springs, one in Round Lake, and one in
Clifton Park. I was living in Clifton Park when I decided to move to
Poultney, Vermont, where I resided before Herndon,
Virginia, and before Rio Rancho, New Mexico.)
Facts and Figures
- Area Code for Saratoga County: 518
Cities and Towns in Saratoga County
- Ballston Spa
- the county seat.
- Clifton Park - boasting the Clifton Country
Mall, located at Exit 9 on I-87 (the Northway).
- Halfmoon - a lovely residential community
in Southern Saratoga County. Borders Clifton Park - sometimes it's
hard to tell where one ends and one begins. And don't even ask about
- Round Lake - originally a Methodist
campground, this lovely town has numerous examples of Victorian
architecture. For a couple of short Round Lake ghost stories, click
- Saratoga Springs - famous the world over,
not only for horse racing but also for its spas and natural springs.
- Schuylerville - known as Old Saratoga, this
was where the Revolutionary Battle of Saratoga was fought.
The Times Union
Broadway, Saratoga Springs 12866
20 Lake Ave., Saratoga Springs
Churches & Places of Worship
- All Souls Anglican
Mission, 136 Rt. 4 North, Schuylerville, NY 12871-1956. Phone: (518)
- Christ Community Reformed Church
- Corpus Christi Roman
Catholic Church, Round Lake.
- Our Lady of Grace, Ballston Lake.
- St. Clement's Roman Catholic
Church, Saratoga Springs.
- St Edward the Confessor
Roman Catholic Church, Clifton Park.
- St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Ballston Spa. (518) 885-7411.
Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Crescent.
- St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church of Waterford. (518)
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church -
149 Lake Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
- St Peter's Roman
Catholic Church, Saratoga Springs, NY.
- St. Thomas of Canterbury Traditional Anglican Church. 242 Grooms
Rd., Halfmoon, NY 12065. (518) 348-0842.
- Temple Baptist Church -
- World Spirituality Center
History & Genealogy
- Saratoga County Historical
Society, 6 CHARLTON STREET, BALLSTON SPA, NY 12020
- Apple Tree Bed &
Breakfast, 49 W High St., Ballston Spa, NY (518) 885-1113
- Arlene and Bob's Country Inn, Route 9,
Inn, FIRE RD OLD RT 146 - CLIFTON PARK, NY 12065
- SIX SISTERS BED & BREAKFAST
IN SARATOGA, NEW YORK - Kate Benton and Stephen Ramirez
583-1173 FAX (518) 587-2470
Address 149 Union Avenue, Saratoga
Springs, NY 12866-3518
Gables, Saratoga Springs
- Westchester House Bed and
Breakfast, 102 Lincoln Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Toll Free: (800) 581-7613
New York State Government
Recreation, Sports and Attractions
- Crescent Cruise Lines - Halfmoon, NY 12065.
- Horse Racing at Saratoga Race
- National Museum of Racing and Thoroughbred
Hall of Fame - Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. (518)584-0400.
Displays,paintings, trophies, memorabilia. Open year round; Monday through
Saturday 10AM to 4:30PM, Sunday Noon until 4:30PM.
- Riverboat Cruises - 1 Terminal Road,
Clifton Park, NY. (518) 273-8878.
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Saratoga Springs Youth Orchestra -
Saratoga Springs Youth Orchestra (SSYO) is a non-profit youth orchestra
serving the Capital District through Lake George region.
Home | Book Collecting
| Folklore / Myth |
Philately | Playing Cards |